Wednesday, March 7, 2012

24 Hour Diet

Here is a link to my spreadsheet that shows my diet for 24 hours.

Here is a summary of my nutrition information
Total Calories:1,271.5 grams 
Carbohydrates: 154.6 grams
Fat : 36.7 grams
Protein: 35.3 grams

Questions
1. How does your total calories compare to the recommended 2000 calories per day? 
Each day I only eat about 60% of recomended calories for my age group. So that means that if I keep up eating this way I will probaly not have much energy day to day.

2. What time of day do you eat most of your calories - morning, afternoon or evening? 

I definently eat most of my food during evening because during breakfast I am rushed to go to school and during lunch I normally hang out with friends rather than eat so I eat most of my calories during dinner. 


3. What does your answer to question #2 imply about your long term health? 

Since I don't eat much calories during breakfast or lunch I will not have any energy so I will be lazy all day. Then, when it comes to dinner I will stock up on all of the calories that I didn't gain earlier so then I will change those calories to fat.

4. Describe how many minutes you exercise per day and what activities you engage in on a regular basis. I sometimes walk down to the park and run around with my brother for about an hour and the park is half a mile away from my house so thats one mile from there and back.
 


5. Use the internet to find out how many calories you burn doing the activities you listed in #4. Considering that the average person burns about 2000 calories per day without doing any extra exercise, how many total calories do you think you burn each day? I burn around 1,000 calories a day and an additional 500 on Mondays since I do hip hop.

6. What is the most important thing that you can change about your diet or lifestyle to improve your long term health? I think I should eat more healthy food and excersise more. I also shouldn't go to bed on a full tummy because that will prevent me from keeping fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment