Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Hunger Games Ch.19-21

What does the author do an excellent job of? Why?
"Claudius Templesmith’s voice booms down from overhead, congratulating the six of us who remain. But he is not inviting us to a feast. He’s saying something very confusing. There’s been a rule change in the Games. A rule change! That in itself is mind bending since we don’t really have any rules to speak of except don’t step off your circle for sixty seconds and the unspoken rule about not eating one another. Under the new rule, both tributes from the same district will be declared winners if they are the last two alive. Claudius pauses, as if he knows we’re not getting it, and repeats the change again. The news sinks in. Two tributes can win this year. If they’re from the same district. Both can live. Both of us can live. Before I can stop myself, I call out Peeta’s name."
I think the author did a great job at adding suspense to the whole story by adding this paragraph. I like how she worked hard to come up with a way to make the readers happy after all the depression from the Games. I think it was very smart of her to do this because it now gets the reader more involved and, as I did, it forces them to want to read on.
After this situation, I think the book will be much more interesting now that Katniss will either partner up with her enemy and take advantage of this rule change or she will drop it and go after Peeta. I enjoy this new rule because it gives the book a twist that I would of never of expected. It also adds more adventure to the story that you wouldn't see in any other. 
Also, the way that the author explained this arouses a very dramatic feel to it but at the same time gets readers pumped. I'm now super excited to see if Katniss teams up or not. So what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. great job it is a good book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella, I agree with you. I too think the author did a great job at adding suspense to the whole story by adding Peeta and Katniss could both win the Hunger Games. How you end your post asking people for their perspectives and what they think is a clever way to get people to respond. Personally I think that Katniss and Peeta will eventually team up, that way they'll have a higher percent to win the Games. The way Katniss shouted out his name makes the audience feel more emotions and want to see the "star crossed lovers from District 12" win. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete