Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Hunger Games Ch. 8-9

What character, idea, person, attitude, etc. do you really like? Why?

"I don't think it is going to work out. Winning… won't help in my case," says Peeta."Why ever not?" says Caesar, mystified. Peeta blushes beet red and stammers out. "Because… she came here with me."

During Peeta's interview with the host,Caesar Flickerman, he is questioned on and on about who his crush is and in the conversation Caesar states that if he wins then he surly would get the girl. Then, Peeta replies with the strangest words by admitting that winning wouldn't work because the one he loves is Katniss!!!

This was so shocking and exciting to me and it caused me to love Peeta. I'm so glad that he said that because it causes a lot of suspense for the reader especially since their love can't be forever since sooner or later they have to kill each other. It also makes you want to read on to find out how Katniss reacts and if they end up together. 

Also, it made me happy because now katniss will have some one to rely on during the games and it will help them recieve sponsors since the the audience loves the romance. I'm so glad that the author added this scene because it fills my heart with excitement!!!

1 comment: