Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Hunger Games Ch. 10-12

  • What does the author do an excellent job of? Why? What quotes demonstrate this?
At the end of chapter 11, The author did something that really caught my attention. She wrote,(An argument breaks out among the careers until one tribute silences the others. "We're wasting time! I'll just go finish her and let's move on!" I almost fell out of the tree.The voice belongs to Peeta.) 

Right now in the story,
 the games have just begun and as Katniss was hiding up in a tree, a girl came along and started a fire, causing tributes to go after her. While Katniss was listening she realized that Peeta was one of them and he was going to finish the girl off. This really shocked me because I would have never guessed that Peeta would join such a cruel team of people.

By writing this,
the author adds some kind of thought provoking twist. It leaves the reader thinking about the situation and it also sucks them into the book to understand more. When I first read this it made the book come to life and brought in some confusion, which I wanted to solve.

I think it was clever
 for the author to do this because it changes the readers perspective of Peeta and makes them realize the characters' actions more. It also made me smile because from then on I could tell that Katniss was going to head after them because she wants to know why he would turn against his own word and end up with the most vicious group of tributes.

3 comments:

  1. It is a really good response but grammar check Dothis is two words ˚ˆ˚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella, I totally agree with you. I was surprised as well that Peeta would team up with the career tributes. Also I like how you referenced what page that quote was on and how you added pictures of Peeta. You explanation of chapters 10- 12 were very thorough and interesting to read. Great Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I agree as when I read the voice belongs to Peeta I broke out having to read the next chapter. When I was reading I thought they would try to kill her but then they left but I really hoped Katniss could join them so she wouldn't have to be alone. But as I agree how the author put that into words and also enjoyed reading your post and hopefully you can post more of these.

    ReplyDelete